- •Ukraine's ex-president predicts Russia's death
- •Russian Paralympic athletes excluded from Paralympic Games 2016
- •Yelena Isinbayeva, now IOC member, to take Olympics 2024 from USA
- •RIO - Russophobic Incomplete Olympics: Russia's heroic tally
- •US warns Russia about efforts to defend American military men in Syria
- •USA and Ukraine to hold observation flight above Russia
- •Russia starts designing main superheavy rocket for lunar program
- •North Korea warns of preemptive nuclear strike
- •RIO - Russophobic Incomplete Olympics: 48 medals despite the blanket ban
- •Japan’s Defence Ministry requires budget over $50bln for 2017
This heartbreaking story made headlines in all American newspapers and television channels. When American swimmers were robbed at a gas station in Rio de Janeiro, the reports about the incident appeared as "breaking news" in most of US publications. It was the Americans who initiated the robbery and accused the Brazilian police of violence.
The news about the Russian Air Force leaving the Iranian Hamadan air base came as a surprise. The Russian aviation started bombing ISIL in Syria from the Iranian base a few days ago. Many assumed that the deployment of Russian military aircraft in Iran came as a sign of a higher level of military and political partnership between Russia and Iran
The first international trial resulting from the destruction of historical and religious monuments, namely the destruction of the monuments in the Malian city of Timbuktu in 2012, has resulted in a plea of guilty by the accused, Ahmad al-Faqi al-Mahdi and brings attention to the deliberate targeting of cultural heritage during armed conflict.