Woman aged 52 was hospitalized in Kazan, Russia. Doctors suspect anthrax.
She ate a dish cooked from meat bought at the market. The same dish was shared by her husband and their son. Soon she had a fever and found a small ulcer on her hand. The rest of the family did not have such symptoms.
Now the woman’s condition better. Results of the analyses will show whether this was an anthrax or not. As the chief of the hospital said, other 97 people are being monitored as well. All of them had a contact with meat from the same region, which was sold at the street market without having passed veterinary control. The inspection proved that the meat had an anthrax virus in it.