People guilty of Beslan tragedy named

The RF General Prosecutor's Office blames a group of policemen from North Ossetia and Ingushetia of the Beslan school tragedy.

Russia's Deputy Prosecutor Nikolay Shepel said last week that deputy chiefs of police in North Ossetia’s Pravoberezhny district, T.Murtazov and G.Dryayev, are charged with negligence that entailed death of two and more people. He added, similar charges were brought against deputy chef of police in Ingushetia's Malgobeksky district A.Kotiyev. 

Interfax reports Nikolay Shepel saying that “the charges will be brought against the police officers after they undergo a course of hospital treatment.”

The deputy prosecutor said the Northern Caucasus Prosecutor’s Department still carries out criminal investigations concerning officers of the above mentioned police departments in Ingushetia and North Ossetia. Nikolay Shepel said the police in the Pravoberezhny and Malgobeksky districts neglected their duties which allowed the September 1-3 act of terrorism in Beslan to take place. As a result of the school hostage taking in Beslan 330 people tragically died and 32 terrorists were liquidated, the official statistic reports.