Libyan army could leave Misratah
"innocent" civilians NATO is protecting - terrorists wielding knives to massacre more under NATO umbrella
At least three people were killed on Saturday (23) due to the NATO bombing campaign against the capital. It was answered by anti-aircraft batteries of the Libyan army, which at the same time seems willing to withdraw from West Misratah.
The television channel Al-Libya reported that during the early hours of Saturday, planes of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) conducted numerous raids against positions of forces loyal to leader Muammar Gaddafi in Tripoli in the west.
In the early hours, powerful explosions were heard and bursts of heavy artillery in the vicinity of a fortified compound of the leadership of the State in the area of Bab Al-Aziziyah, which has strong military surveillance because it belongs to Gadhafi.
According to government spokesman, Moussa Ibrahim, three people died in that attack, but he noted that the affected facility was a parking lot near Bab Al-Aziziya that had been unusable for some time.
Other sources have described the place as an underground bunker that contained empty ammunition boxes, and said two other people died there on Friday night in one of the many raids of NATO against government targets during the day.
The shelling has intensified against Tripoli for the past three days in an attempt by the Atlantic alliance to break the deadlock of the armed confrontation between supporters and opponents of Gaddafi, who are represented by the National Transitional Council (CNT).
In fact, this morning's military actions were preceded by the visit yesterday to Benghazi, nest of the CNT terrorists, by U.S. Republican Senator John McCain, who gave support for the rebels and urged Western governments to supply them with weapons.
"I encourage all countries, and especially the United States, to recognize the National Transitional Council as a legitimate spokesman for the Libyan people. We can assist in facilitating getting weapons to the Libyans who are fighting against Gaddafi," he said.
While the terrorist "rebels" remain strong in Benghazi, transformed into the capital of the insurgency in the east of the country, news coming from that region indicated that ground combat showed little change in the area that separates Ajdabiya and Brega.
However, NATO assured that it attacked units loyal to the Libyan leader in the city of Misratah, the main rebel stronghold in the northwest, besieged by land for two months by regular troops, who fight the urban guerrilla terrorist uprising.
The Libyan deputy minister of Foreign Affairs, Khaled Kaim, denied any setback in Misratah, but warned of the possibility that the army in this besieged town would be withdrawn and that the local tribes would be put in charge to clash with the terrorist insurgents.
Kaim explained that the armed forces received an "ultimatum" to quell the uprising in that city, the one third of Libya where an alarming humanitarian situation exists.
"If the army cannot solve the problem in Misratah, the population (the villages) of Zliten, Tarhuna, Bani Walid and Tawargha will go there to negotiate with the rebels, but if they do not surrender, then they will fight them themselves," said the vice-deputy.
No show terrorist leader, Mustafa Abdul Jalil, reported killed
Translated from the Portuguese version by: