Source Pravda.Ru

Fifty percent of Kalashnikov shares to find private owners

A half of shares of Kalashnikov concern will go into private hands. Chief editor of National Defense magazine, Igor Korotchenko shared his views of the news with Pravda.Ru.

"I must say that the state will still keep the controlling stake. Private shareholders will buy 49 percent of the Kalashnikov concern. The need for this transaction is, above all, based on the development of prospects of investment in the new arms holding," said Korochenko.

Private investors plan to invest 2.5 billion rubles in the development of the concern in the next two years. "This will be a significant financial contribution to the new concern. Moreover, the state had two conditions: transparency of transactions and attraction of investors from among Russian citizens. Both of these requirements have been met," said the expert.

According to him, there is a hope that the new strategy of development of the Kalashnikov concern will put the company on the path of stable development.

 

 

In response to the unlawful December 1 arrest and detention of Chinese tech giant Huawei's chief financial officer Sabrina Meng Wanzhou by Canadian authorities in Vancouver at the behest of the Trump regime, facing possible unacceptable extradition to the US, Beijing warned its high-tech personnel last month against traveling to America unless it's essential.

China Warns Against Travel to US and Canada