Source Pravda.Ru

Prime Minister Of Chechnya Says Anti-terrorist Operation Will Not Be Discontinued

The Prime Minister of Chechnya, Stanislav Ilyasov, has strongly denied allegations that combat operations against Chechen terrorists will be suspended. According to Ilyasov, "the operations will not be suspended, efforts are being taken." On Wednesday, the Commander of the Unified Army Group in the North Caucasus, Vladimir Moltenskoy, categorically denied media allegations that he had issued an order to suspend the operation against Chechen warlords. "This information is not true, I do not see any reasons to suspend or cancel these operations," the commander stressed. According to Moltenskoy, army units are conducting reconnaissance and search operations in accordance with plans, including those connected with detaining and destroying warlords. He said that several gunmen's bases and arm caches had been found as a result of a large-scale operation in Nozhai-Yurt district, which was about to be completed. Commander stated that about 200 gunmen had been destroyed or detained over the past two weeks.