Source Pravda.Ru

Three militants involved in Ingushetia attack killed in Chechnya

Ilya Shabalkin, a spokesman for the regional HQ of the counter-terrorist operation in the North Caucasus, has announced that the Russian Federal Security Service's special forces have killed three militants from Doka Umarov's gang in Chechnya. The separatist band attacked neighboring Ingushetia on June 22.

"According to operational information," he said, "the dead militants were from Doka Umarov's gang and were involved in the attack on Ingushetia."

He clarified that the special operation had been conducted near the village of Samashki and that fake documents had been taken from the militants' bodies.

According to the latest information, 93 people died in the terrorist attack on Ingushetia, including more than 60 members of the Interior Ministry, the Federal Security Service, the Defense Ministry and civilians.

Vladimir Vasilyev, the chairman of the State Duma's security committee, had earlier announced that the surnames of 70 suspects had been identified and that an investigation was underway. Ten people had been detained and three arrested he said. Previous figures put the number of militants involved in the attack at around 200.

The mastermind of the attack, Mahomed Yevloev, has been killed.