A fire at an apartment building in a northwestern Polish town killed six people and injured two Sunday, a news agency reported.
The fire broke out in a dilapidated, low-income housing building in the town of Stargard Szczecinski, the PAP news agency reported.
Daniel Rak, a police spokesman, said the fire broke out in the early hours of Sunday as a group of people drank alcohol and lost control of a stove fire, PAP said.
Police originally described the victims as homeless, but later said the building that caught fire was part of a city housing project for the poor.
Five men and one woman died. One woman saved herself by jumping from a window and was taken to a hospital with serious injuries. Another man was lightly injured, reported AP. P.T.
A terrible accident occurred on a ski lift in Gudauri, Georgia when a malfunctioning elevator accelerated to a high speed and started crushing passengers
Turks and Greeks are two people that lived side by side for centuries; they mixed, bonded ad were tied to each other with many historical and cultural bonds