Source Pravda.Ru

Twenty-five students hospitalized with gas poisoning in Kazakhstan

Twenty five students and a teacher were hospitalized Tuesday in the former Kazakh capital with gas poisoning, emergencies officials said.

The children, aged between 13 and 16, and the teacher felt ill after a student sprayed gas, possibly butane, in one of the classrooms and a hall in a school in Almaty, according to witnesses, the local emergencies department said.

The casualties' lives were not in danger and the incident was being investigated, the officials told the AP.