The powerful anaesthetic that investigators believe killed Michael Jackson came from a Nevada pharmacy that was raided this week, a law enforcement official said.
Dr Conrad Murray bought the anaesthetic propofol from Applied Pharmacy Services on May 12 and administered doses from that purchase to Jackson in the hours before his June 25 death, the source said.
Authorities are focused on propofol as a central element in the King of Pop's death , The Press Association reports.
Meanwhile, authorities are focused on propofol as a central element in Jackson's death at age 50. The drug is usually administered by anesthesia professionals in medical settings to render patients unconscious for medical procedures, but Jackson had been using it in his home.
Drug Enforcement Administration agents and police served a search warrant Tuesday and took evidence showing Murray legally bought the propofol from the store, said the official, who requested anonymity because the investigation is ongoing , The Associated Press reports.
In comments published in the Los Angeles Times and confirmed Thursday by his spokeswoman, attorney Ed Chernoff said his client did not know which drugs Jackson might have been taking or whether he was addicted.
"When he accepted the job, he was not aware of any specific requirements regarding medications that Michael Jackson was taking or any addictions that he was suffering from," Chernoff told the Times , CNN reports.
"We should use shock therapy to sober up the Americans. In this case, the Americans will speak about the need to resume dialogue. There is no other option"
The United States is concerned about the current crisis in the relations with Russia and suggests returning to reasonable policies to avoid a nuclear war