While working in a metal-plating plant in northern England a man managed to fall into a vat of liquid cyanide.
The incident occurred early Thursday morning at Karas Industry Ltd. in Manchester.
Health and safety officials investigating the incident said the man, 62, had been at work inside the vat when he fell into the cyanide, a poisonous chemical sometimes used in electroplating.
"He may have been overcome by the fumes," a spokesman for Britain's Health and Safety Executive said on condition of anonymity in line with departmental policy.
Police said the man was pulled from the vat by two co-workers, and that he was then taken to a local hospital where he remains in critical condition.
A woman who picked up the phone at the company said the only person authorized to speak about the incident was on vacation.
The behavior of the Russian inspector satellite, which was launched in the autumn of 2017, puzzles military officials in the United States
Ukrainian bloggers draw a parallel between the events in East Timor and the Crimea. Any comparison has a right to exist, but a detailed analysis of the situation does not give a promising forecast to Ukraine
Vladimir Putin is planning to attend the wedding ceremony of Austria's Foreign Minister Karin Kneissl on the way to Berlin