In Moscow, visitors and employees of the Russian State Library, formerly known as the Lenin Library, were evacuated this morning, October 15th. Smoke filled the second floor of the building due to a short circuit, officials said.
At 9.36, "01" emergency service received a call about the fire on Vozdvizhenka Street, Building 3/B-2. A short circuit in an electric lamp occurred in one of the rooms. The circuit led to a fire on the area of 1 meter. The fire was extinguished before the arrival of firefighters. As many as 400 people had to be evacuated from the building, officials said. No one was hurt.
Around the same time, makeshift barracks caught fire on a construction market in Moscow. The fire occurred at the Khovansky Construction Market, on the square of 100 square meters. Fifteen people escaped to safety from the barracks before the arrival of fire brigades, officials said.