The search for sailors from the Russian nuclear submarine that sank on Friday in the Barents Sea is going on, Admiral Viktor Kravchenko, chief of the general staff of the Russian Navy reported "10 members of the crew were on board the submarine," Kravchenko told journalists.
According to his information, by the present time 3 sailors were found. "One is alive and we are looking for the others," the admiral said.
"The radiation background in that area is normal, as in 1989 both reactors were shut down and placed in the state of nuclear safety," the head of the general staff stressed Earlier Nikolai Deryabin, head of the press service of the Russian Defense ministry reported to RIA Novosti that the nuclear K-1589 submarine sank while being towed to the works for utilization. According to him, the incident took place at 04.00 Moscow time three miles to the north-west from the Kildin island at the depth of 170 meters. The site of the incident is located in the Barents Sea and not in the North Sea as was reported earlier.
In response to the unlawful December 1 arrest and detention of Chinese tech giant Huawei's chief financial officer Sabrina Meng Wanzhou by Canadian authorities in Vancouver at the behest of the Trump regime, facing possible unacceptable extradition to the US, Beijing warned its high-tech personnel last month against traveling to America unless it's essential.
Rescuers found the pilot of one of the two Su-34 fighters that had collided in midair in the Far East on January 18