The situation on the Chechen section of the Russian-Georgian border remains "disturbing from the point of view of a possibility of breakthroughs of Chechen terrorists from the territory of Georgia", chief of the Main Staff of the Federal Frontier Service of Russia Colonel-General Nikolai Reznichenko stated on Saturday.
But the General also specified that so far no attempts of this kind have been registered this year. "Spring came late this year, and the snow has disappeared on not all the passes yet", Reznichenko said.
He also noted that interaction between the Russian and Georgian border-guards has considerably improved this year.
The chief of the Main Staff also stressed that a special operational detachment, which is now working in full, is disposed in this region, at Borzoi populated area. According to Reznichenko, this detachment was formed "as a mobile operational reserve for fulfilling missions on the whole perimeter of the Ingush, Chechen and Dagestani sections of the Russian border".
The General recalled that last July the militants of field commanders Khasan and Ghelayev made two breakthroughs on the Chechen section of the Russian-Georgian border.
Malaysia needs Russia's assistance in maintaining and repairing Su-30MKM fighter jets
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said that US army bases will not appear on the southern Kuril Islands in the even Russia delivers them to Japan