The governor of the Nizhny Novgorod region Valery Shantsev had a meeting met with Director General of the Organizing Committee "Russia-2018," Alexei Sorokin, and the head of the department for the organization of FIFA World Cups 2014, 2018 and 2022, Jurgen Muller.
During their visit, the leaders of the Organizing Committee "Russia-2018" and experts of the FIFA committee visited the construction sites of the future stadium and facility for the supporters' festival.
"I constantly hear it from my friends, I read in the media this only one question: when is the Nizhny Novgorod region going to be entitled to hold the World Cup matches, when is this sports celebration going to take place? Of course, all Nizhny Novgorod residents are waiting for this decision, - said the Governor. - I can confidently say that we will do everything to hold the FIFA World Cup in 2018 in the region at the highest level. We have the experience of holding major sports events," said Shantsev.
According to Jurgen Muller, one should wait till September, when the decision about the host cities of World Cup games is going to be made. "I can compare the situation of waiting with my seven-year-old daughter, who wants to open her Christmas presents already in summer. The process of interaction with the regions is in active regime. Today I saw a very professional presentation of the region, and we also had a fruitful exchange of views with the governor and participants of the meeting," said Muller.
Alexei Sorokin said that the site for the stadium had been chosen very well, Vremya N said. "The place is really beautiful - it's on the merge of two rivers. There is a fantastic view of the future stadium from the river," said Alexei Sorokin. "For the time being, one should assess, where regions are now. This will give us an opportunity to get ready well and we will be proud of the level of the World Cup 2018," the official added.
The crisis between Ukraine and Russia is enriched by a new war front: the Sea of Azov. The body of water by the Kerch Strait sees a dangerous escalation
Representatives of the Russian Defence Ministry said that the missile that shot down the passenger Boeing 777 aircraft over the Donbass on July 17, 2014, was manufactured in 1986