Pravda.ru

News » Russia

TV channel that desecrated memory of WWII falls under investigation

30.01.2014 | Source:

Pravda.Ru

 

 

TV channel that desecrated memory of WWII falls under investigation. 52050.jpeg

Petersburg Prosecutor's Office, at the initiative of WWII veterans, filed investigation into the activities of TV channel Dozhd (Rain). St. Petersburg Legislative Assembly deputies, including notorious deputy Vitaliy Milonov, previously asked Prosecutor General Yury Chaika to close the channel. The Federal Supervision Agency for Information Technologies and Communications (Roscomnadzor) will conduct its own investigation as well. The agency has already concluded that the scandal, which the television channel started, was an issue of moral, rather than legal character.

Dmitry Peskov, an official spokesman for the president, said, during his appearance on the channel, that he did not notice any apologies from the channel. When asked whether there was a violation committed in the work of the channel, Peskov said that he could not make judgments about it, but it was an offense from the moral point of view.

Previously, CEO of TV channel Dozhd, Natalia Sindeyeva, decided to keep the jobs for all those involved in the scandalous poll about the Siege of Leningrad. According to Sindeyeva, it was a fundamental question: "If a journalist expressed an opinion that he was a fascist or a homophobe, I'd fire him for that."

Sindeyeva noted that it was quite difficult to understand who is responsible for the mistake: authors formulated the question, and editors wrote them down. However, the general director of Dozhd agreed that one should draw appropriate conclusions from the scandal.

During the celebration of the 70th anniversary of the Siege of Leningrad, TV Channel Dozhd uploaded a poll on its website, asking people whether Leningrad should have surrendered to fascists to save thousands of people's lives.

 

 

 






Popular photos


Most popular

Russia will shoot down Turkish jets in Syria, Deputy Defense Minister says
Russia will shoot down Turkish jets in Syria, Deputy Defense Minister says
Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov said that Turkey had refused to confirm its agreement with the memorandum of flight safety in Syria and blocked a telephone hot line prior to the attack on the...
Turkey is nothing in comparison with Russia's military might - expert
Turkey is nothing in comparison with Russia's military might - expert
On January 30, the Turkish Foreign Ministry announced that a Russian military aircraft violated Turkish airspace. According to the Turkish side, a Russian Su-34 violated the country's airspace on...
Рейтинг@Mail.ru Rambler_s_Top100_Service