Source Pravda.Ru

"Good Morning America" covers boy's story about swallowed magnets

"Good Morning America" features today Braden Eberle, a 5-year-old boy from San Jose, who is going to enlarge upon the problem of powerful magnets found in many children's toys and the danger they may cause once swallowed.

This boy knows everything about it through his experience. He himself has fallen victim to such negligence.

It happened last April, when Braden swallowed two small magnets from a toy construction set. The parents were not very much concerned about the case till the boy complained of stomachaches. The examination showed that an immediate surgery was necessary. It turned out that the magnets had pulled toward each other in his upper intestines and were pinching them.

The magnets appeared to contain neodymium, a rare powerful earth metal.

Till now there were also reported 33 injuries and one death from swallowed toy magnets. In safety concerns all the toy containing these magnets were recalled.

Photo: www.life.uiuc.edu

The US is going to ban exports of Iranian oil to the world market from November 5 of this year. In turn, Iran threatens to block the passage of oil tankers of the Gulf countries through the Strait of Hormuz

Will Iran close the Strait of Hormuz to trigger global oil crisis?

The US is going to ban exports of Iranian oil to the world market from November 5 of this year. In turn, Iran threatens to block the passage of oil tankers of the Gulf countries through the Strait of Hormuz

Will Iran close the Strait of Hormuz to trigger global oil crisis?