A four-year-old girl died from mushroom poisoning at a hospital in the town of Orsk, the Orenburg region of Russia. Local law-enforcement authorities filed investigation into the girl's death.
According to preliminary information, it was most likely the girl's mother who gave poisonous mushrooms to her daughter after collecting them. In addition, the girl's parents asked for help only three days after the first symptoms of poisoning, despite the fact that it was a well-to-do family.
On August 25th, the child was rushed to the hospital, but doctors were unable to save the girl. Irreversible changes, such as kidney failure, had started in the girl's body.