A sleepless night can drive anyone crazy. A scientist has developed a technique, with the help of which a person can fall asleep in only 60 seconds, Pravda.Ru reports.
The 4-7-8 breathing technique, a 'natural tranquiliser for the nervous system' helps reduce tension in the body.
The technique is based on an ancient Indian practice of pranayama ('regulation of breath').
This extra oxygen can have a relaxing effect on the parasympathetic nervous system, which promotes a state of calmness.
It was pioneered by Arizona-based Dr Andrew Weill who says on his YouTube channel: 'It is utterly simple, takes almost no time, requires no equipment and can be done anywhere.'
To do the 4-7-8 breathing technique, you first need to do the following:
1. Exhale completely through your mouth while making a 'whoosh' sound.
2. Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
3. Now hold your breath for a count of seven.
Also read: Russian woman stops sleeping for eight years
4. Exhale completely through your mouth, making another whoosh sound for eight second in one large breath.
5. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three times for a total of four breaths.
Extra oxygen can have a relaxing effect on the parasympathetic nervous system, which produces a state of calmness.
The national football team of Saudi Arabia is to be punished for the bad game that the players showed during the opening match of the World Cup 2018 in Moscow
One must have noticed that pro-Western democracies on the territory of the former USSR tend to collapse very quickly, even though their Western preachers are always stable