London police said on Wednesday they will look into allegations that British supermodel Kate Moss has taken cocaine, after she was dropped from a planned ad campaign by global fashion chain H&M.
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said assistant commissioner Tarique Ghaffur "has reviewed the matter and has asked officers from the specialist crime directorate to look at reports, as highlighted in a national newspaper".
She would not say whether Moss, 31, who was alleged in the Daily Mirror newspaper last week to have snorted cocaine in a west London studio where her rock star lover Pete Doherty was recording, would be questioned, reports Back Page.
According to Times Online, Assistant Commissioner Tarique Ghaffur has asked officers from the Specialist Crime Directorate to “review the matter”. A spokeswoman said: “He has asked officers to look at the reports highlighted in a national newspaper.”
Moss, also fronts campaigns for Chanel, Christian Dior and Burberry, which all refused to comment on whether they would continue to work with her. Missoni, which last used Moss two seasons ago, would not say whether the allegations would rule her out of future campaigns.
H&M said: “We have evaluated the situation and have decided that a campaign using Kate Moss is inconsistent with H&M’s clear disassociation with drugs and drug abuse. There should be no doubt whatsoever on our position in this question.”