Source AP ©

Roberto Carlos moves to Turkey's Fenerbahce

Roberto Carlos has agreed to move to Turkish champions Fenerbahce, the Brazilian defender said Wednesday.

The 34-year-old left-back announced his decision in a telephone interview with the official TV channel of Fenerbahce saying "Fenerbahce, the greatest! Fenerbahce, the champions!"

Carlos, who has played for Real Madrid since 1996, was reported to have looked for a move to the Turkish side last season but first had to see out his contract with the Spanish powerhouse.

Carlos will join several countrymen at his new club, including former World Cup midfielder Zico, who won the Turkish League title with Fenerbahce this year.

The club is yet to disclose any details about the contract it made with Carlos.

Fenerbahce, which yearns for international success, signed French striker Nicolas Anelka and Argentine's Ariel Ortega in the past to fulfill its European dreams.

Carlos' move is the latest in a series of transfers the club achieved to assure its fans that it has high goals in the international arena.

Carlos won the World Cup with Brazil in 2002 and retired from international soccer after the 2006 World Cup having made 128 appearances for the national team.

Moscow is trying to stop Balkan countries from entering NATO. Greece eventually took measures against Russia, even though Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras had earlier said that Russia was Greece's strategic partner

Militant Greek atheist Alexis Tsipras betrays his people, Orthodoxy and Russia

Moscow is trying to stop Balkan countries from entering NATO. Greece eventually took measures against Russia, even though Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras had earlier said that Russia was Greece's strategic partner

Militant Greek atheist Alexis Tsipras betrays his people, Orthodoxy and Russia