The following documents were signed on Monday in the presence of Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese Chairman Jiang Zemin:
- a Russian-Chinese Agreement on the Extradition of Convicts;
- a Protocol to the Agreement on the Creation and Organizational Principles of Regular Meetings between the Prime Ministers of Russia and China as signed by the governments of the Russian Federation and the People's Republic of China on June 27th, 1997 /on creation of a sub-commission on cooperation in the tourist sphere/;
- an Agreement between the Federal Service of Tax Police of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Security of the People's Republic of China on Cooperation in the Sphere of Combating Breaches of Tax Legislation and Other Economic Crimes;
- an Agreement between the Central Bank of Russia and the People's Bank of China on Organization of an Information Exchange and on Training of Personnel in the Sphere of Combating Legalization of the Laundering of Ill-gotten Income and Financing of Terrorism, and in the Sphere of Currency Control;
- a Memorandum on Mutual Understanding between the Russian Bank of Foreign Trade and the Bank of China on the Opening of a 10-year Credit Line for the Russian Bank of Foreign Trade of up to 200 Million US Dollars to Finance Export of Chinese Equipment to Russia.
Before that, Vladimir Putin and Jiang Zemin had signed a Joint Declaration of the Russian Federation and the People's Republic of China. That makes it six documents all in all.
Malaysia needs Russia's assistance in maintaining and repairing Su-30MKM fighter jets
Posters for the play "Adam and Eve. Life after Paradise" with pictures of dancers Arsen Aghamalyan and Oksana Vasilyeva were banned in the city of Tver, Central Russia