Indonesia's capital was on top alert after the president warned of more attacks following three suicide bombings on Bali Island on Monday, where a chilling video shot by a tourist showed a suspected bomber clutching a backpack as he strolled past diners moments before one of the blasts.
The near-simultaneous bombings, which killed 26 and injured 100 on Saturday, appeared to have been planned by Southeast Asia's two most-wanted men, Indonesian anti-terror official Maj. Gen. Ansyaad Mbai said Sunday.
But the alleged masterminds Azahari bin Husin and Noordin Mohamed Top, both Malaysian were not among the suspected bombers, whose decapitated remains were found at the scenes, officials said. All three were believed to be fitted with explosive belts, police said.
The attack came three years after 202 people were killed in nightclub bombings on Bali, Indonesia's premier resort island.
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono warned that terrorists could be planning more strikes in the world's most populous Muslim nation as Jakarta's police chief elevated the capital's security status to top alert, putting two-thirds of its police force on stand by.
"The terrorists are still looking for soft targets," Yudhoyono said at a news conference Sunday after getting a firsthand look at the devastation.
Last month, Yudhoyono said that the extremist network might strike Jakarta during September or October. He said over the weekend that his warning was based on intelligence that the terrorists had already prepared the explosives.
Nobody claimed responsibility for Saturday night's coordinated attacks on two packed seafood cafes in the Jimbaran beach resort and the Raja Cafe in the bustling tourist center of Kuta, where bombers struck nightclubs in 2002.
Russian small missile ships - the Grad Sviyazhsk and the Great Ustyug - set off for a mission to the Mediterranean Sea
These days, Russia is welcoming over 2 million fans from all over the world. Many of them came to Russia expecting something dangerous and even life-threatening