Australia has warned its citizens that Bali's Seminyak entertainment district could be the next terrorist target on the Indonesian island, days after bombings in nearby areas popular with Westerners killed at least 22 people.
The warning was made late Monday in an update to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's Web, which advised Australians to avoid nonessential travel to Indonesia due to terrorist danger.
Bombers struck Kuta, a popular nightlife district just south of Seminyak, and the nearby Jimbaran beach resort on Saturday, killing at least 22 people including two or more Australians.
"Media have reported further general and specific bomb and terrorist threats and anonymous tip-offs in the wake of the Oct. 1 bombings," the Web site said.
"While this information cannot be corroborated, Australians should be aware that the Seminyak area in Bali has been mentioned as a potential target for terrorist attacks," it said, repots the AP. I.L.
In response to the unlawful December 1 arrest and detention of Chinese tech giant Huawei's chief financial officer Sabrina Meng Wanzhou by Canadian authorities in Vancouver at the behest of the Trump regime, facing possible unacceptable extradition to the US, Beijing warned its high-tech personnel last month against traveling to America unless it's essential.