Police arrested eight suspects in their hunt for those involved in the recent bomb attacks in Bangladesh that killed four people and injured 150 others, officials said Friday.
The men, arrested late Thursday, were believed to be members of the banned Islamic group Jumatul Mujahideen Bangladesh, police officials said on condition of anonymity.
Bangladesh has recently been hit by a string of bomb attacks blamed on Islamic militants seeking to establish strict Islamic rule in this Muslim-majority nation governed by secular laws.
In the latest attack Monday, bombs ripped through court buildings in three towns, killing two people and wounding 25 others, authorities said.
On Aug. 17, more than 430 bombs exploded across the country in near-simultaneous attacks, leaving two people dead and 125 injured.
No group claimed responsibility for the attacks, but leaflets from banned Islamic group Jumatul Mujahideen Bangladesh were found in almost all blast sites.
Authorities have so far arrested and questioned more than 400 suspects following the blasts.
On Thursday, police arrested four suspects in Jaipurhat district, 208 kilometers (130 miles) northwest of national capital Dhaka, a police official in the area said.
Also Thursday, police arrested two men in western Faridpur district and two in eastern Chandpur, said another official. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly, reports the AP.