The Quatar public prosecutor demanded the highest measure of punishment for two Russians held for allegedly assassinating Zelimkhan Yandarbiyev. Sentencing will take place on June 30. Rosbalt received this information from the press service of the law firm Yegorov, Puginsky, Afanasiev, and Partners. At the same time, the prosecutor, according to defense lawyers, failed to present any proof of the Russian's guilt. The lawyers said that Russians had been tortured to get the confession, but the prosecutor denies this fact.
On February 13 of this year, the former head of self-proclaimed Ichkeriya (Chechnya) died when his car exploded as he returned from Friday prayer services in one of the Mosques in Dohe, the capital of Quatar. Yandarbiyev's 13-year-old son was also wounded in the blast. On the night of February 19, Quatar Special Forces arrested three Russian citizens working in Quatar. The Russians were accused of participating in the assassination of Yandarbiyev. One of the three, the first secretary of the Russian Embassy in Quatar, holds diplomatic immunity and was returned to Russia on March 24. The Russians are being tried behind closed doors.
Russia may terminate all kinds of military and military-technical relations with Israel, including the agreement on the exchange of reconnaissance data
The Kremlin is very concerned about the events related to the crash of the Il-20 Russian military aircraft in Syria
Representatives of the Russian Defence Ministry said that the missile that shot down the passenger Boeing 777 aircraft over the Donbass on July 17, 2014, was manufactured in 1986