A top Egyptian official has announced the opening of a kilometer-long section of beach at a Red Sea resort that has been plagued by shark attacks.
South Sinai Governor Mohammed Shousha announced in a statement Thursday that the area reopened to swimmers and snorkelers was on the opposite end of Sharm El-Sheikh resort from where the shark attacks occurred, The Associated Press reports.
A shark, linked to at least three of the five attacks on humans in the Red Sea last week, is still on the loose, Egypt's Ahram Online portal said on Friday.
A group of Egyptian divers, accompanied by a group of foreign ecologists and biologists, said a single female whitetip shark badly injured two Russian tourists last week. They also link the shark to Sunday's deadly attack on a German tourist near the luxury Na'ama Bay resort area, RIA Novosti says.
Russian small missile ships - the Grad Sviyazhsk and the Great Ustyug - set off for a mission to the Mediterranean Sea
President Vladimir Putin has not released an official statement yet about his position on the issue of the pension reform in Russia