Singer &to=http:// english.pravda.ru/fun/2003/03/04/44010.html ' target=_blank>Michael Jackson's lawyers have said the child molestation case against him should be dropped because his home was unnecessarily searched. They argue that recent raids on his Neverland ranch were "clearly designed to shock and intimidate" the pop star.
More than 100 search warrants have been issued in the case, but his lawyers said the information gathered could have been obtained through the courts.
The plea could also lead to the trial's 31 January start date being delayed.
Mr Jackson's California home was last searched at the beginning of December, despite a warrant being issued on 24 November, reports the BBC News.
Jackson, 46, pleaded not guilty in April to a grand jury indictment charging him with four counts of &to=http:// english.pravda.ru/world/2003/11/26/51472.html ' target=_blank>child molestation, four counts of administering an intoxicating agent, one count of attempted child molestation and one count of conspiracy to commit child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion.
Jackson has twice previously been accused of sexual misconduct. In 1993, Jackson reached an out-of-court settlement with a 13-year-old boy who accused him of sexual misconduct. Police did not arrest or charge Jackson in that matter. That settlement dissuaded a second alleged victim from pursuing similar claims, sources said.
However, while the Jackson defense team is demanding a dismissal of the case, they are proceeding with their motions, informs CNN.
In response to the unlawful December 1 arrest and detention of Chinese tech giant Huawei's chief financial officer Sabrina Meng Wanzhou by Canadian authorities in Vancouver at the behest of the Trump regime, facing possible unacceptable extradition to the US, Beijing warned its high-tech personnel last month against traveling to America unless it's essential.