A British tribunal granted bail on Thursday to four North African terrorism suspects facing deportation, drawing the anger of the government.
But the special immigration tribunal denied bail to another five men, including Jordanian cleric Abu Qatada, who British authorities say was a leading inspiration for al-Qaeda in Europe. Another suspect's bail case was adjourned.
"We are disappointed that the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (SIAC) has granted bail to some of those individuals currently detained pending deportation," Home Office junior minister Hazel Blears said in a statement.
"We will press SIAC to impose strict bail conditions, although it remains our view that these individuals represent a real risk to the national security of this country and should continue to be detained."
None of the 10 men has been charged with any crime and their lawyers say they should be allowed to address any accusations in an open trial, reports Reuters.
Sean Wilken, acting as counsel for Charles Clarke, said: "They all pose threats to the national security of the UK and its citizens." He warned that they would resume their activities if freed.
Lawyers acting for the men argued that their appeals against deportation were likely to be lengthy, lasting between two and three years, and that there was no new evidence to suggest that the men posed a danger to the public.
All but one had been living under a restrictive control order prior to July 7. Their lawyers argued that the bombings had not made them more dangerous.
Some are suffering from mental illness as a result of their detention, it was argued.
The four men bailed today, all of whom are Algerian, must abide by tight conditions which effectively amount to house arrest. Nevertheless, the Government described their release as a "disappointment," informs Times Online.
Russia may terminate all kinds of military and military-technical relations with Israel, including the agreement on the exchange of reconnaissance data
The Kremlin is very concerned about the events related to the crash of the Il-20 Russian military aircraft in Syria
Representatives of the Russian Defence Ministry said that the missile that shot down the passenger Boeing 777 aircraft over the Donbass on July 17, 2014, was manufactured in 1986