Source Pravda.Ru

Indonesian investigators claim "restaurant" bombs were produced by experts

Indonesian and foreign investigators have so far been unable to identify all the materials used in this month's bombs on Bali island, indicating the devices were constructed by experts, the local police chief said Friday. "Experts coming from abroad are still confused (as to the bombs' makeup), let alone us," Bali police chief I Made Mangku Pastika told reporters. "So those who made them are also experts. That is a fact we are facing."

Police have so far made no arrests in their investigation into the Oct. 1 attacks on three crowded restaurants, which killed 23 people, including three suicide bombers.

They have released photos of the severed, bruised heads of the bombers recovered from the scenes of the attacks. The men, believed to be Indonesians, have yet to be identified.

The attacks have been blamed on the al-Qaida-linked regional terror group Jemaah Islamiyah, which also is suspected in the 2002 attacks on the resort island that killed 202 people, most of them foreign tourists.

T.E.