Jordan has arrested a Syrian man it calls the "prime suspect" in the rocket attack intended for two U.S. warships that killed a Jordanian soldier, but three other suspects escaped into Iraq, authorities in Amman said Monday.
A statement read on state television identified the suspect as Mohammad Abdullah Hassan al-Sihly, a Syrian citizen who lived in Amman. Jordan's government said he is connected with a known terrorist group based in Iraq.
His two sons and a fourth man, an Iraqi national identified as their leader, also took part in the attack, authorities said.
Friday's attacks targeted but missed two American vessels moored in the Jordanian port of Aqaba for training exercises in the region, according to CNN.
An al Qaeda-linked group claimed responsibility.
Rescuers found the pilot of one of the two Su-34 fighters that had collided in midair in the Far East on January 18
In response to the unlawful December 1 arrest and detention of Chinese tech giant Huawei's chief financial officer Sabrina Meng Wanzhou by Canadian authorities in Vancouver at the behest of the Trump regime, facing possible unacceptable extradition to the US, Beijing warned its high-tech personnel last month against traveling to America unless it's essential.