Opinion » Readers feedback
Author`s name Michael Simpson

Chris Ward: American Imperialism - 10 April, 2003

I have been a reader of your on-line news publication  for a short time now. I find myself searching alternative news sources for what’s "really" happening outside the bubble the US government controlled media has created for its citizens. I'm sure you recall the  days of the Communist rule in your own country and how the news was not what "was said" but what they "wanted you to hear".
 
 If I haven't given away my nationality yet...I'm an  American citizen. As much as Ronald Reagan made me feel proud of that, the Clintons and the Bushes have made me ashamed. This is the same America that boasts of "land of the free" in all its public image campaigns...the same sales pitch that the "fish" on the street have swallowed hook, line and sinker.  America is no longer free. I can say this not as a bitter war protestor, but as someone who lives it day by day. I can almost categorically relate all of King George's accusations of Saddam on the Iraqi people to what in fact the US government is now doing to its own  (but who will liberate us?). You see, the US government has mastered the art of selling. Its not so much WHAT you are selling but how its packaged. We have thrown away our country's well being and heritage, that is, our Bill of Rights and Constitution, that which made us more different and free than any other country that ever existed , and done so in the name of "patriotism"?! Can you imagine flattening your own tires and doing so in the name of making your car go faster? Or removing the wings from your airplane and doing so in the name of safer flying? That is what we deal with here.
 
 It is truly as one historian stated, "America is great because America is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great."
 
 90% of Americans are good people. Its government comprises the other 10%.
 
 Best regards.
 Chris Ward


 

He announced his intention to create a news service called "Pravda," which means "truth" in Russian. Well, we are Pravda. The Pravda.Ru website has been working professionally in Russia since 1999

Elon Musk wants Pravda, but we already have it

The co-author of this disaster is the Dutch government, which did not find either strength or desire to save the lives of its citizens who were flying on that plane. The Dutch authorities did not demand Ukraine to comply with international aviation regulations

Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus

On the second day of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, a plenary meeting was held, in which Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Emmanuel Macron, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Chinese Vice President Wang Qishan and IMF head Christine Lagarde took part

World leaders unite with Russia at St. Petersburg International Economic Forum
Comments
Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus
Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus
Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus
Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus
Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus
Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus
German expert explains why European Union and Russia develop ties speedily
Iran nuclear deal will change the world as Trump wants
What would you do if you were Kim Jong-un?
How low will America go?
Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus
What would you do if you were Kim Jong-un?
What would you do if you were Kim Jong-un?
How low will America go?
How low will America go?
What would you do if you were Kim Jong-un?
What would you do if you were Kim Jong-un?
German expert explains why European Union and Russia develop ties speedily
Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus
Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus
Blame MH17 on Russia: International investigation turns into demonic circus