OMV also announces that it has acquired Shell's entire 49% stake in the Maari exploration permit including an oil discovery, also situated in the Taranaki Basin. OMV as the new operator now holds a 79% stake in the field, with Todd Petroleum Mining Holding of New Zealand holding the remaining 21%. It was agreed that the purchase price and details on the contracts would not be disclosed.
In addition to the existing infrastructure, OMV's participation in the Maui Field also includes a contract with the government of New Zealand for the delivery of natural gas. In the fourth quarter of 2002 OMV expects a production rate of 10,000 boe/d. About 75% of the field's production is natural gas and about 25% is oil, condensate and LPG. The Maui oil and gas field is managed by an international joint venture composed of Shell (77.5%), Todd Petroleum Mining Holding (12.5%) and OMV (10%).
The Maui field is New Zealand's biggest producing field, from which natural gas has been extracted since 1979 and oil since 1996. Currently there are 26 production wells in operation. The infrastructure consists of two offshore platforms, a floating offshore production facility, pipelines for gas and liquids on the ocean floor, onshore processing facilities in Oaonui, and a 290 km onshore gas transport pipeline from Oaonui to Auckland.
Russia, when signing documents for the sale of Alaska to the United States, was realizing her objective benefit
Putin's official spokesman Dmitry Peskov commented on remarks in the US media about failures in launching nuclear-capable missiles in Russia