The recently signed interstate agreement between South Ossetia and Russia provides a legal base to erase the border between the two nations, Itar-Tass reports with reference to a statement from Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
“I think we will have to sign several other documents which, on the one hand, will ensure Russia’s interests from the point of the external boundary security and, on the other hand, will give people an opportunity to communicate freely without administrative obstacles,” Putin stated at a meeting with regional leaders of the ruling United Russia party.
“In essence, we will liquidate the border between the Russian Federation and the Republic of South Ossetia. We will give people an opportunity to feel safe, grow children, develop their country, their republic and to communicate freely without any formalities on the state border,” the prime minister said.
Putin pointed out that it did not go about the incorporation of South Ossetia into the structure of the Russian Federation. However, he added, Russia would provide all necessary help for the maximum reintegration of the Ossetian nation.
“I think that it will be enough if we assist in the economic restoration of South Ossetia,” the prime minister specified.
It is worthy of note that the Constitution of the Russian Federation does not prevent South Ossetia’s incorporation into Russia. However, the position the S. Ossetian leader Eduard Kokoity has not been distinctive for its definiteness. Before Russia signed the Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation with S. Ossetia, Eduard Kokoity announced his intention to retrieve the unity with North Ossetia and join Russia. However, the president rejected his own statement the same day and said that he had been misunderstood.
“We are not going to refuse from our independence that we obtained at the cost of countless victims. South Ossetia does not intend to join Russia,” Kokoity said.
If one assumes that the two people who gave the interview indeed work for Russian special services, then they acted very unprofessionally and risky
Representatives of the Russian Defence Ministry said that the missile that shot down the passenger Boeing 777 aircraft over the Donbass on July 17, 2014, was manufactured in 1986