1. Daniel Craig may be the sixth actor to play Bond, but CIA agent Felix Leiter, who appears in nine Bond movies, is played by eight different actors: Jack Lord in Dr No, Cec Linder in Goldfinger, Rik Van Nutter in Thunderball, Norman Burton in Diamonds are Forever, David Hedison in Live and Let Die and License to Kill, Bernie Casey in Never Say Never Again, John Terry in The Living Daylights and now Jeffrey Wright in Casino Royale.
2. Bond is a smoker, but he quits in the 80s films, however, in the first Roger Moore movies Bond smokes cigars.
3. In the 21 official Bond movies, the actress playing the Bond girl has only been older than the actor playing Bond twice, and they have both starred in the BBC series The Avengers. Both Honor Blackman was 37 to Connery's 34 at the time of Goldfinger and Diana Rigg was 31 to George Lazenby's 30 at the time of On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
4. The latest Bond film Casino Royale is based on Ian Flemming's first Bond novel, but it has been filmed twice before. In 1954 there was a TV version of Casino Royale with American Barry Nelson playing Jimmy Bond and in 1967 Woody Allen made Casino Royale - a send-up starring David Niven.
5. Although the first American Bond girl, Jill St John, didn't come along until 1971, there have now been more American-born actresses cast in the part than actresses from any other country. There have bee seven American Bond Girls, four English ones, three French and 2 Swedish. There has only ever been one Bond girl from Switzerlan , Italy, Japan, Poland and Malaysia.
6. Bond doesn't always drive an Aston Martin. He drives a Russian tank in Goldeneye, a double-decker bus in Live and Let Die and an oil tanker in License to Kill.
7. Bond was born in Germany , he was raised in Scotland and England , and considers himself to be Scottish.
8. James Bond's astrological sign is Scorpio.
9. Bond's father was Scottish and his mother was French Swiss. Originally Ian Fleming chose the name James Bond because it sounded like a good Anglo-Saxon name. When James Bond was 11, his parents died in a mountain climbing accident in the Aiguilles Rouges. After the death of his parents, Bond went to live with his aunt.
10. The total box office takings for the last 20 Bond films is $3,818,000,000.
Prepared by Alexander Timoshik
Discuss this article on Pravda.ru English Forum
Russian small missile ships - the Grad Sviyazhsk and the Great Ustyug - set off for a mission to the Mediterranean Sea
President Vladimir Putin has not released an official statement yet about his position on the issue of the pension reform in Russia