Hezbollah and Teheran, in turn, said had no participation in the terrorist attacks to Jewish targets in Argentina's Capital
The Israeli newspaper "Haaretz" said that Mossad, the local intelligence service, had identified the author of the suicide attack against a Jewish club in Buenos Aires in 1994. The responsible for the 85 deaths would be Ibrahim Hassen Baro, member of the Lebanese terrorist group Hezbollah. The newspaper also states that Hezbollah planned the attack during a secret meeting with the Iranian Government.
According to these sources, the decision to attack the Jewish center in Buenos Aires was taken during a secret meeting headed by the Iranian religious leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Haaretz says that the Iranian President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, the head of secret services Ali Fallahian and the current Foreign Minister Mohammad Velyati also took part of the meeting.
The same coalition of forces might have plotted to blow up the Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires in 1992, leaving 29 people killed. In total, 114 people died and hundreds were injured after both explosions. Argentina is a preferred target as holds the third largest Jewish community of the world.
However, Hezbollah and Iran denied any participation in both attacks. In a statement, the pro-Iranian terrorist group said Wednesday that such organization had no relation with the blasts. "The enemy (Israel) has accused us of this and we have denied systematically any participation in the events in Argentina", reads the statement.
On January 19, the Argentine intelligence services issued a confidential report, in which accused Hezbollah for being behind the suicide bombing. The report included names and information about Iranian officials, which led to a diplomatic crisis between both countries last week. This week, Israel's Government formally blamed on Iran and Hezbollah for masterminding the attacks.
Hernan Etchaleco PRAVDA.Ru Argentina
Photo: July 18, 1994: the AMIA after the explosion. The building was located in the center of Buenos Aires.
For the time being, one needs to finish the construction of the section that is 100 kilometres long. On October 17, German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said in an interview with RND that the project would be completed