It is good time to write more about the presidential elections in the republic of Ingushetia, since Alikhan Amirkhanov won the first stage of elections last Sunday. The Kremlin’s administrative resources started working. Strana.Ru informed today that the prosecuting bodies of Ingushetia withdrew all the documentation from the premises of Amirkhanov’s headquarters while conducting an investigation. This was said at the Russian Federation Office of the Prosecutor General in the Southern administrative district.
Those measures were performed within the framework of the investigation of two criminal cases, which were instituted by the Office of the Public Prosecutor based on the bribing the voters during the first stage of the presidential elections.
Two Ingushetia citizens addressed to the Office of the Public Prosecutor, claiming that they were offered money to vote for Amirkhanov. The criminal proceedings were instituted immediately. Now, the prosecuting bodies will have to confirm the connection of those who were trying to bribe the voters with Amirkhanov's election headquarters. The Office of the Prosecutor General in the Southern administrative district of Russia informed that the investigators were given two months to look into the matter, but the date of the second stage of elections had already been set, April 28.
As a matter of fact, the investigators might not hurry, since time will be working for them now. They just have to do one thing: to properly and legally substantiate the claims against Amirkhanov. If Amirkhanov’s opponent, Murat Zyazikov, wins the second stage of elections, then there will be no need to apply to the court, but if Ruslan Aushev’s protege Amirkhanov takes the advantage, then it will be very easy to withdraw his candidacy from the election race. The results of the second stage will definitely be considered invalid, and there will be another date set, which will give a better chance for Zyazikov to win the elections.
Dmitry Chirkin PRAVDA.Ru
Translated by Dmitry Sudakov
For the time being, one needs to finish the construction of the section that is 100 kilometres long. On October 17, German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said in an interview with RND that the project would be completed