Russian President Vladimir Putin has arrived in Staraya (Old) Ladoga. He will attend the sites of archeological excavations and will talk to archeologists.
The township of Staraya Ladoga (Volkhov district of the Leningrad region) is situated between the Volkhov River riffles and the place where the Volkhov flows into Lake Ladoga. According to archeologists, the township was founded in 753.
This township is associated with Russian Princes Ryurik, Oleg the Prophet and Alexander Nevsky.
Originally, Staraya Ladoga was a town located on the route from the Vikings to the Greeks.
The port of Novaya (New) Ladoga was founded at the mouth of the Volkhov River in 1704 to supply the new capital, St. Petersburg with building materials. Thus Old Ladoga lost its economic importance and gradually turned into a township.
A disaster that appeared something different from a tragic fatality. The timing of the incident, on the night when Iran launched its operation...