Police detained a man who held and showed off a tape depicting the sexual assault of a 3-year-old girl.
Darren Tuck, 26, arranged to surrender after evading arrest since Friday, said Nye County Sheriff Tony DeMeo. Prosecutors are set to charge Tuck with possession of child pornography and possibly promoting child pornography on Monday, DeMeo said.
Tuck has told authorities he found the tape in the desert, but authorities said he possessed it for as long as five months before turning it in.
The girl in the tape was located after authorities on Friday released information they would not normally disclose in order to get tips from the public, including a picture, DeMeo said. The widespread media attention led someone to call the girl's mother, who contacted police but did not know about the assault, authorities said.
Tuck's defense lawyer, Harry Kuehn, said he was unaware his client had surrendered, but noted it was "a good thing." He also denied that his client had showed the video to others.
Authorities are still searching for Chester "Chet" Arthur Stiles, 34, who officials said is a registered sex offender and is suspected of sexually abusing the girl.
The Associated Press is no longer identifying or releasing photos of the girl because she is a suspected victim of sexual abuse. It did so earlier in the interest of her safe recovery.
After it turned out that Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Belousov included the Fonbet betting company in the list of backbone enterprises that can count on state support, everyone started talking about these bookmakers.